Data Management for Engineering Applications
|Lecturer:||Dr. Eike Schallehn|
- The exam will take place as a written exam. Registration using the LSF/HISQUIS system is required according to the general procedures.
- Participation in the lecture and in the exercise is required.
- Because of the skipped excercise in December, the excercise schedule was tightened. Tasks wille be addressed as follows:
- Week starting January 7th
- 7. Exercise: B-Rep Geometrical Data tasks 1 and 3
- 8. Exercise: CAD Data in Databases task 1
- Week starting January 14th
- 8. Exercise: CAD Data in Databases task 3
- 9. Exercise: Electronic Engineering Data tasks 1 and 2
- Week starting January 21st
- 10. Exercise: Product Lifecycle Management
- Week starting January 7th
- Due to technical issues the excercise on Monday Dec 17th had to be skipped. For this reason the excercise on Friday Dec 21st will also be skipped.
- As an example an old exam sheet was added on the bottom of this page.
- As announced in the the lecture, the registration for the exam has been open since Dec 14th. Some students mentioned problems during the registration (the exam was not visible). I forwarded this to the examination office and they resolved some issues. If problems persist, please send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) including information about your course of studies (DigiEng, DKE, etc.) and the version of the exmaination regulations (Prüfungsordnung) you are registered for.
- Starting November 26th the Monday exercise will take place in room G22A-105 at the usual time.
- Because of the high number of students a new room G50-H3 will be used, but for the first week of the semester there are some previous reservations for the new room. Accordingly, the lecture will take place as follows
- Oct 22nd: G02-111 (old room)
- Oct 29th:G50-H3 (new room)
- Nov 5th: G02-111 (old room)
- Nov 12th: G50-H3 (new room)
- Starting Nov 12th the lecture will always take place in room G50-H3.
- G50-H3 ist the big auditorium in buidling G50 in Große Steinernetischstraße, close to Breiter Weg. Please check the CampusFinder.
- Exercises will start on November 5th (Monday slot) and November 9th (Friday slot)
- Specific requirements of engineering applications
- Overview of suitable data management solutions (database models, XML, file storage)
- Specific solutions, e.g. CAD and geometrical data, electronical data, etc.
- Product lifecycle management
Lecture handouts will be made available here over the course of the lecture.
- Data Models
- Product Data
- Product Lifecycle Management
Exercise sheets will be made available here over the course of the lecture.
- Exercise 1: Motivation and Introduction
- Exercise 2: Product Data / Requirements
- Exercise 3: Data Management Foundations
- Exercise 4
- Exercise 5
- Exercise 6
- Exercise 7
- Exercise 8
- Exercise 9
- Exercise 10
As an orientation for coming exams, an old exam sheet can be found here: dmea_exam_wise1516.pdf
Literature references and recommended readings are listed in the lecture handouts.