Advanced Database Models
|Lecturer:||Dr. Eike Schallehn|
- The exam will take place as a written exam. Registration using the LSF/HISQUIS system is required according to the general procedures.
- Participation in the lecture and in the exercise is required.
- Practical exercises will start on Monday, May 29th.
There will be no exercises on Tuesday, May 30th, and Friday, June 2nd.
There will be no exercise on Monday, June 5th.
Practical exercises will continue on Tuesday, June 6th, and Friday, June 9th.
- Because of public holiday there will be no lectures on April 17th. May 1st and June 5th
Lecture handouts will be made available here over the course of the lecture.
Exercise sheets will be made available here over the course of the lecture.
- Basic Terms and Concepts [PDF]
- Principles of Databases [PDF]
- Relational Algebra
- Conceptual Design
- NF2 with Oracle
Some guidelines for working with Oracle can be found here.
- Object-relational with Oracle
- Recursive Queries and Methods
- XML, DTDs, XPath and XQuery
Use http://www.semwebtech.org/xquery-demo/ for the XPath and XQuery tasks.
Literature references and recommended readings are listed in the lecture handouts.