Database Concepts (DB1 Eng)
|Lecturer:||Prof. Dr. Gunter Saake|
|Exercise Instructor:||David Broneske, Tilman Krokotsch|
- 60 percent of the exercise tasks need to be prepared
- 4 tasks needs to be presented
- The post exam review is on 10.10.2017 at 10am in G29-130. Please send a mail to David Broneske for registration and timing purposes.
- The practical exercises take place in G29-427!
- The registration for the exercise is done using an extra tool.
- The exercises start in the second week of the lecture.
- Link to SQLValidator for checking your SQL statements
- The exercise on the 25th of April is to be canceled.
- Motivation and History
- Background Concept and Architecture
- Data Models for Design
- Data Models for Implementation
- Database Design and Data Definition
- Query and Update Operations
- Relational Database Languages
- Database Application Programming
- Integrity Constrains, Transactions and Triggers
- Views and Access Control
Slides/handouts for the lecture will be made available here during the running lecture.
- Introduction (PDF)
- What are Databases? (PDF)
- Relational Databases, Data as Tables (PDF)
- Entity Relationship Model (PDF)
- Database Design (PDF)
- The Relational Query Language SQL (PDF)
- Relational Database Design Theory (PDF)
- Query Basics: Algebra & Calculus (PDF)
- Transactions, Integrity & Triggers (PDF)
- Views and Access Control (PDF)
- Database Application Programming (PDF)
- Exercise 1 (KW 15)
- Exercise 2 (18.04.17 (tuesday group) or 24.04.2017 (monday group))
- Exercise 3 (KW 18 - students of monday's exercise either go into the tuesday exercise or send their solution via mail to David Broneske latest monday 11:59 pm)
- Exercise 4 (KW 19)
- Exercise 5 (KW 20 - ER Notation)
- Exercise 6 (KW 21)
- Exercise 7 (KW 22 - due to problems with the website, this exercise sheet is not taken into account for the final exam requirement. Everybody, who prepared solutions will get these as additional voting/presentation points.)
- Exercise 8 (KW 23 - students of monday's exercise either go into the tuesday exercise or send their solution via mail to David Broneske latest monday 11:59 pm)
- Exercise 9 (KW 24)
- Exercise 10 (KW 25)
- Exercise 11 (KW 26)
- Exercise 12 (KW 27 - take place in G29-427!)(Getting_Started, Create.SQL)