Advanced Database Models
|Lecturer:||Dr. Eike Schallehn|
- The exam will take place as a written exam. Registration using the LSF/HISQUIS system is required according to the general procedures.
- Participation in the lecture and in the exercise is required.
- We've got a bigger room! Starting April 23rd the lecture will take place in G22A-013!!!
- Exercises will start in the week starting April 23rd
Lecture handouts will be made available here over the course of the lecture.
Advanced Database Models (PDF slides) Advanced Database Models (PDF slides)
Exercise sheets will be made available here over the course of the lecture.
- Basic Terms and Concepts [PDF]
- Principles of Databases [PDF]
- Relational Algebra
- Conceptual Design
- NF2 with Oracle
Some guidelines for working with Oracle can be found here.
- Object-relational with Oracle
- Recursive Queries and Methods
- XML, DTDs, XPath and XQuery
Use http://www.semwebtech.org/xquery-demo/ for the XPath and XQuery tasks.
Literature references and recommended readings are listed in the lecture handouts.