Data Management for Engineering Applications
|Lecturer:||Dr. Eike Schallehn|
- The exam will take place as a written exam. Registration using the LSF/HISQUIS system is required according to the general procedures.
- Participation in the lecture and in the exercise is required.
- The lecture starts in the first week of the teaching period. Exercises will start in the third week of the teaching period.
- Specific requirements of engineering applications
- Overview of suitable data management solutions (database models, XML, file storage)
- Specific solutions, e.g. CAD and geometrical data, electronical data, etc.
- Product lifecycle management
Lecture handouts will be made available here over the course of the lecture.
- Data Models
- Product Data
- Product Lifecycle Management
Exercise sheets will be made available here over the course of the lecture.
- Exercise 1: Motivation and Introduction
- Exercise 2: Product Data / Requirements
- Exercise 3: Data Management Foundations
- Exercise 4
- Exercise 5
- Exercise 6
- Exercise 7
- Exercise 8
- Exercise 9
- Exercise 10
Because of several requests we provide handwriten notes/solutions on exercises 1 to 5 compiled by Taranpreet Kaur here:
Literature references and recommended readings are listed in the lecture handouts.