Advanced Topics in Databases
- Registration for an exercise via LSF platform.
- Passing the programming assignment.
- You need to register for the exercise via LSF platform until the 01.05.2020.
- Most recent technological developments in data management.
- Current scientific research being on the verge to wide usage in current applications
- Topics of the lecture will frequently change in accordance with current research directions in the database community:
- Indexing and storage techniques for new applications and data types,
- Self-management capabilities of database management systems
- Column-oriented DBMS
- GPU-accelerated Datamanagement
- Query Compilation
- The lecture slides will be published after each lecture.
- Exercise sheets will be published one week in advance.
- Exercise tasks need to be prepared before the exercise and will be discussed within the exercise.
- Additional references are included in each lecture slide